Monday, February 8, 2010

A busy week...

It's been a good but very hectic week!
We went to the coast on Sunday night and came back on Tuesday in time to go and enjoy the happy hour at Buffalo Wild Wings with our wonderful friends. I had a nice quiet day on Wednesday and Thursday, catching up on my in-between time work. Friday I took LittleFish on a fun outing where he got to play with LOTS of other toddlers, and then came home to work while he slept. Saturday and Sunday were more working, the gym, church, and a Superbowl party.

I'm excited to start this new week because I'm right on track with my newsletters for the month and have FisherPapa's help with LittleFish for the next two days since he's off work.

What I think I took away from this last week that really surprised me was how much more alive and mentally sharp I felt, how efficient I felt, and how balanced my life felt this last week. Normally when my newsletter cycle starts, I feel completely out of sorts and that my work is overtaking my life. This time it's been pretty easy, especially considering how heavy my work load is. I remember feeling this way when I was working, going to school, and volunteering at church. It's almost like I need the pressure of deadlines to make me take it up a notch and MAKE it work.

Am I the only one who feels they feels they get better with deadlines, or do they cause too much stress to be helpful to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment