Sunday, February 14, 2010

Celebrate the Ones You Love

Happy Valentines Day!

It's been a good day for me and I'm enjoying a nice quiet day waiting for Hubby to get home from work. I'm also debating the merits of cooking what was scheduled for dinner or getting a Papa Murphy's heart shaped pizza instead.

Poor FisherPapa had a hard morning. At least, it started out rough. (Not sure how his day has been since then.) I woke up and my lovely son had slept until 9! I woke up to him crawling into bed with me, and usually I can get him to cuddle for a few minutes. Then I looked over and realized FisherPapa was still there. Confused, I asked him "Roy, isn't it Sunday?".

He shot out of bed and was half dressed before he got to the door. (I guess that's the advantage of having your clothes next to your side of the bed!) The services were starting and they got it covered, but it was a hard start for him. The last time I remember him really oversleeping was SEVEN years ago when he missed a flight to go work with a band out on the road.

I'm excited for him to get home, because our son (with the help of his wonderful teachers) made us a Valentine's card - the first one from him! And, FisherPapa doesn't know that I have his favorite cupcake and a card for him from BabyFish and I.

I LOVE to get to do little things for the ones I love - things that make them feel special and loved. I love making them smile. BabyFish is still too young to understand that today has ANY kind of meaning, and we understand that it's a greeting card holiday, but I rarely pass up the opportunity to celebrate the people who are most important to me. I remember what it was like to not be able to have my wonderful husband with me on holidays. I remember the frustration of wanting to be together, and the stress of money keeping us apart. Now, I have everything I ever wanted - my wonderful family and fabulous friends. I am unbelievably blessed. Simply being together makes my Valentine's day special.

What is your favorite Valentine's memory?

No comments:

Post a Comment