Sunday, January 24, 2010

Passion

Webster says this about Passion:
4 a (1) : emotion (2) plural : the emotions as distinguished from reason b : intense, driving, or overmastering feeling or conviction c : an outbreak of anger
5 a : ardent affection : love b : a strong liking or desire for or devotion to some activity, object, or concept c : sexual desire d : an object of desire or deep interest

When I hit upon something that I am passionate about, I have intense driving feeling or conviction about it. Where there is injustice, that passion comes out as an outbreak of anger. I have great affection, love, devotion to and am deeply interested by the things I am passionate about.

And my passion tends to sway others toward those things.

Recently, my passion for running (though I am currently battling a knee injury) has gotten several people interested in running a 5k with me. But had I not been passionate about it, greatly desiring the experience, I never would have told others about it and gotten them excited by the prospect of sharing that experience with me.

My passion for saving money through coupons and rebates and any way I can extend our budget has been inspiring others around us to want to do the same. It's helping them make their budgets go farther than they though possible.

Being a passionate person to me also means being a person who influences others. I hope that my passion influences others to live their lives with more purpose and allows them to really love and enjoy their lives in ways they never though possible.

Right now, my favorite blogs (the ones that are influencing me) are frugallivingnw.com, Hip2Save.com, and themomcreative.com. These wonderful ladies are all Moms like me sharing their lives and their passions. I hope you can enjoy them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment